The Prophet Ya'qub or Jacob, Father of the Children of Israel

  • 0
Jacob or Ya'akov, (יַעֲקֹב, Hebrew Standard Ya ʿ aqov, Hebrew Tiberian Ya ʿ ăqōḇ; Arabic يعقوب Ya ʿ qūb, language Ge'ez ያዕቆብ Ya ʿ iqob), also called Israel (יִשְׂרָאֵל, Hebrew Standard Yisra ʾ el, Hebrew Tiberias Yiśrā ʾ el; Arabic اسرائيل, Isra ʾ il; Ge'ez language እሥራኤል ʾ Isra el) is the third ancestral nation of Israel as portrayed in the Bible. His father was Isaac, and his grandfather Abraham. He played an important role in a number of events in the Book of Genesis.


Jacob according to Jewish and Christian

Jacob called the name together with his father and grandfather. When God reveals Himself to Moses in a burning bush, God said: "Say to the Israelites: JEHOVAH [Tetragrammaton YHWH, Yahweh], the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: that's my name for ever and that's my title is hereditary. "(Exodus 3:15)

However, in the tradition of Jewish and Christian Jacob is a controversial figure. His own name, Jacob in Hebrew means a fraud. No wonder that his behavior is full of trickery. The Book of Genesis describes that since even in the womb of his mother, Jacob had fallen out with Esau, the firstborn twin (Genesis 25:22-26) 22 The babies jostled each other within her, and she said, "Why is this happening to me?" So she went to inquire of the LORD. 23 The LORD said to her, "Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger." 24 When the time came for her to give birth, there were twin boys in her womb. 25 The first to come out was red, and his whole body was like a hairy garment; so they named him Esau. 26 After this, his brother came out, with his hand grasping Esau's heel; so he was named Jacob. Isaac was sixty years old when Rebekah gave birth to them. After the greater, Jacob and Esau personally show the opposite as well. Jacob preferred to stay in camp with her parents, while Esau would rather hunt. Jacob became the favorite son of his mother, Rebekah, while Esau loved his father, Isaac.

Steal the birthright

One day, when Esau came home hunting and feeling very tired and hungry, he smelled a very delicious dish that is cooked by Jacob (Genesis 25:29-3429 Once when Jacob was cooking some stew, Esau came in from the open country, famished. 30 He said to Jacob, “Quick, let me have some of that red stew! I’m famished!” (That is why he was also called Edom.) 31 Jacob replied, “First sell me your birthright.” 32 “Look, I am about to die,” Esau said. “What good is the birthright to me?” 33 But Jacob said, “Swear to me first.” So he swore an oath to him, selling his birthright to Jacob. 34 Then Jacob gave Esau some bread and some lentil stew. He ate and drank, and then got up and left. So Esau despised his birthright. He wanted to taste a little cooking, but Jacob refused. "Sell me first your birthright," said Jacob. Without thinking, Esau agreed, even with an oath.

Genesis does not necessarily blame Jacob for that matter, but Esau because he had "despised his birthright." When Isaac was more advanced in years, Jacob, who was not convinced of the birthright he had stolen it, again acting with the help of his mother. She stole the birthright blessing Isaac disguised as Esau (Genesis 271 Now it came to pass, when Isaac was old and his eyes were so dim that he could not see, that he called Esau his older son and said to him, “My son.” And he answered him, “Here I am.” 
2 Then he said, “Behold now, I am old. I do not know the day of my death. 3 Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. 4 And make me savory food, such as I love, and bring it to me that I may eat, that my soul may bless you before I die.” 
5 Now Rebekah was listening when Isaac spoke to Esau his son. And Esau went to the field to hunt game and to bring it. 6 So Rebekah spoke to Jacob her son, saying, “Indeed I heard your father speak to Esau your brother, saying, 7 ‘Bring me game and make savory food for me, that I may eat it and bless you in the presence of the LORD before my death.’ 8 Now therefore, my son, obey my voice according to what I command you. 9 Go now to the flock and bring me from there two choice kids of the goats, and I will make savory food from them for your father, such as he loves. 10 Then you shall take it to your father, that he may eat it, and that he may bless you before his death.” 11 And Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, “Look, Esau my brother is a hairy man, and I am a smooth-skinned man. 12 Perhaps my father will feel me, and I shall seem to be a deceiver to him; and I shall bring a curse on myself and not a blessing.” 13 But his mother said to him, “Let your curse be on me, my son; only obey my voice, and go, get them for me.” 14 And he went and got them and brought them to his mother, and his mother made savory food, such as his father loved. 15 Then Rebekah took the choice clothes of her elder son Esau, which were with her in the house, and put them on Jacob her younger son. 16 And she put the skins of the kids of the goats on his hands and on the smooth part of his neck. 17 Then she gave the savory food and the bread, which she had prepared, into the hand of her son Jacob. 18 So he went to his father and said, “My father.” And he said, “Here I am. Who are you, my son?” 19 Jacob said to his father, “I am Esau your firstborn; I have done just as you told me; please arise, sit and eat of my game, that your soul may bless me.” 20 But Isaac said to his son, “How is it that you have found it so quickly, my son?” And he said, “Because the LORD your God brought it to me.” 
21 Isaac said to Jacob, “Please come near, that I may feel you, my son, whether you are really my son Esau or not.” 22 So Jacob went near to Isaac his father, and he felt him and said, “The voice is Jacob’s voice, but the hands are the hands of Esau.” 23 And he did not recognize him, because his hands were hairy like his brother Esau’s hands; so he blessed him. 24 Then he said, “Are you really my son Esau?” 
He said, “I am.” 25 He said, “Bring it near to me, and I will eat of my son’s game, so that my soul may bless you.” So he brought it near to him, and he ate; and he brought him wine, and he drank. 26 Then his father Isaac said to him, “Come near now and kiss me, my son.” 27 And he came near and kissed him; and he smelled the smell of his clothing, and blessed him and said : 
      “ Surely, the smell of my son Is like the smell of a field Which the LORD has blessed.
 28 Therefore may God give youOf the dew of heaven, Of the fatness of the earth, And plenty of grain and wine.
29 Let peoples serve you,And nations bow down to you. Be master over your brethren, And let your mother’s sons bow down to you. Cursed be everyone who curses you, And blessed be those who bless you!”

Esau’s Lost Hope

30 Now it happened, as soon as Isaac had finished blessing Jacob, and Jacob had scarcely gone out from the presence of Isaac his father, that Esau his brother came in from his hunting. 31 He also had made savory food, and brought it to his father, and said to his father, “Let my father arise and eat of his son’s game, that your soul may bless me.” 32 And his father Isaac said to him, “Who are you?” So he said, “I am your son, your firstborn, Esau.” 33 Then Isaac trembled exceedingly, and said, “Who? Where is the one who hunted game and brought it to me? I ate all of it before you came, and I have blessed him—and indeed he shall be blessed.” 34 When Esau heard the words of his father, he cried with an exceedingly great and bitter cry, and said to his father, “Bless me—me also, O my father!” 35 But he said, “Your brother came with deceit and has taken away your blessing.” 36 And Esau said, “Is he not rightly named Jacob? For he has supplanted me these two times. He took away my birthright, and now look, he has taken away my blessing!” And he said, “Have you not reserved a blessing for me?” 37 Then Isaac answered and said to Esau, “Indeed I have made him your master, and all his brethren I have given to him as servants; with grain and wine I have sustained him. What shall I do now for you, my son?” 38 And Esau said to his father, “Have you only one blessing, my father? Bless me—me also, O my father!” And Esau lifted up his voice and wept. 39 Then Isaac his father answered and said to him : 
“ Behold, your dwelling shall be of the fatness of the earth, And of the dew of heaven from above.
 40 By your sword you shall live,And you shall serve your brother; And it shall come to pass, when you become restless, That you shall break his yoke from your neck.”

Jacob Escapes from Esau

 41 So Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing with which his father blessed him, and Esau said in his heart, “The days of mourning for my father are at hand; then I will kill my brother Jacob.” 42 And the words of Esau her older son were told to Rebekah. So she sent and called Jacob her younger son, and said to him, “Surely your brother Esau comforts himself concerning you by intending to kill you. 43 Now therefore, my son, obey my voice: arise, flee to my brother Laban in Haran. 44 And stay with him a few days, until your brother’s fury turns away, 45 until your brother’s anger turns away from you, and he forgets what you have done to him; then I will send and bring you from there. Why should I be bereaved also of you both in one day?” 46 And Rebekah said to Isaac, “I am weary of my life because of the daughters of Heth; if Jacob takes a wife of the daughters of Heth, like these who are the daughters of the land, what good will my life be to me?”. As a result, Esau's wrath and intends to kill Jacob. Because of that Jacob fled to the house of his uncle, Laban, in the frontier-Aram, Mesopotamia.

Working at the house of Laban

In the house of Laban tricked Jacob's turn now (Genesis 29:1-30Jacob Arrives in Paddan Aram

1 Then Jacob continued on his journey and came to the land of the eastern peoples. 2 There he saw a well in the open country, with three flocks of sheep lying near it because the flocks were watered from that well. The stone over the mouth of the well was large. 3 When all the flocks were gathered there, the shepherds would roll the stone away from the well’s mouth and water the sheep. Then they would return the stone to its place over the mouth of the well.
 4 Jacob asked the shepherds, “My brothers, where are you from?”
“We’re from Harran,” they replied. 5 He said to them, “Do you know Laban, Nahor’s grandson?” “Yes, we know him,” they answered. 6 Then Jacob asked them, “Is he well?” “Yes, he is,” they said, “and here comes his daughter Rachel with the sheep.” 7 “Look,” he said, “the sun is still high; it is not time for the flocks to be gathered. Water the sheep and take them back to pasture.” 8 “We can’t,” they replied, “until all the flocks are gathered and the stone has been rolled away from the mouth of the well. Then we will water the sheep.”

9 While he was still talking with them, Rachel came with her father’s sheep, for she was a shepherd. 10 When Jacob saw Rachel daughter of his uncle Laban, and Laban’s sheep, he went over and rolled the stone away from the mouth of the well and watered his uncle’s sheep. 11 Then Jacob kissed Rachel and began to weep aloud. 12 He had told Rachel that he was a relative of her father and a son of Rebekah. So she ran and told her father.

13 As soon as Laban heard the news about Jacob, his sister’s son, he hurried to meet him. He embraced him and kissed him and brought him to his home, and there Jacob told him all these things. 14 Then Laban said to him, “You are my own flesh and blood.”

Jacob Marries Leah and Rachel

After Jacob had stayed with him for a whole month, 15 Laban said to him, “Just because you are a relative of mine, should you work for me for nothing? Tell me what your wages should be.” 16 Now Laban had two daughters; the name of the older was Leah, and the name of the younger was Rachel. 17 Leah had weak[a] eyes, but Rachel had a lovely figure and was beautiful. 18 Jacob was in love with Rachel and said, “I’ll work for you seven years in return for your younger daughter Rachel.”
19 Laban said, “It’s better that I give her to you than to some other man. Stay here with me.” 20 So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her.
21 Then Jacob said to Laban, “Give me my wife. My time is completed, and I want to make love to her.”
22 So Laban brought together all the people of the place and gave a feast. 23 But when evening came, he took his daughter Leah and brought her to Jacob, and Jacob made love to her. 24 And Laban gave his servant Zilpah to his daughter as her attendant. 25 When morning came, there was Leah! So Jacob said to Laban, “What is this you have done to me? I served you for Rachel, didn’t I? Why have you deceived me?” 26 Laban replied, “It is not our custom here to give the younger daughter in marriage before the older one. 27 Finish this daughter’s bridal week; then we will give you the younger one also, in return for another seven years of work.” 28 And Jacob did so. He finished the week with Leah, and then Laban gave him his daughter Rachel to be his wife. 29 Laban gave his servant Bilhah to his daughter Rachel as her attendant. 30 Jacob made love to Rachel also, and his love for Rachel was greater than his love for Leah. And he worked for Laban another seven years. Jacob falls in love with Laban's daughter, Rachel. For Rachel, Laban told Jacob worked for seven years. But after a period of seven years had passed, Laban, by deceit, it gives Leah, Rachel's brother, to marry Jacob. Because the more in love with Rachel, Jacob agrees to work seven more years.

deceiving Laban

After getting the descendants of Leah and Rachel, Jacob intends to return to his hometown. Before that, Laban promised Jacob paid for his work. Jacob "only" asking for a black goat, sheep, speckled, and mottled as his reward (Genesis 30:25-43Jacob’s Flocks Increase

25 After Rachel gave birth to Joseph, Jacob said to Laban, “Send me on my way so I can go back to my own homeland. 26 Give me my wives and children, for whom I have served you, and I will be on my way. You know how much work I’ve done for you.” 27 But Laban said to him, “If I have found favor in your eyes, please stay. I have learned by divination that the LORD has blessed me because of you.” 28 He added, “Name your wages, and I will pay them.”

29 Jacob said to him, “You know how I have worked for you and how your livestock has fared under my care. 30 The little you had before I came has increased greatly, and the LORD has blessed you wherever I have been. But now, when may I do something for my own household?”

31 “What shall I give you?” he asked. “Don’t give me anything,” Jacob replied. “But if you will do this one thing for me, I will go on tending your flocks and watching over them : 32 Let me go through all your flocks today and remove from them every speckled or spotted sheep, every dark-colored lamb and every spotted or speckled goat. They will be my wages. 33 And my honesty will testify for me in the future, whenever you check on the wages you have paid me. Any goat in my possession that is not speckled or spotted, or any lamb that is not dark-colored, will be considered stolen.”

34 “Agreed,” said Laban. “Let it be as you have said.” 35 That same day he removed all the male goats that were streaked or spotted, and all the speckled or spotted female goats (all that had white on them) and all the dark-colored lambs, and he placed them in the care of his sons. 36 Then he put a three-day journey between himself and Jacob, while Jacob continued to tend the rest of Laban’s flocks.

37 Jacob, however, took fresh-cut branches from poplar, almond and plane trees and made white stripes on them by peeling the bark and exposing the white inner wood of the branches. 38 Then he placed the peeled branches in all the watering troughs, so that they would be directly in front of the flocks when they came to drink. When the flocks were in heat and came to drink, 39 they mated in front of the branches. And they bore young that were streaked or speckled or spotted. 40 Jacob set apart the young of the flock by themselves, but made the rest face the streaked and dark-colored animals that belonged to Laban. Thus he made separate flocks for himself and did not put them with Laban’s animals. 41 Whenever the stronger females were in heat, Jacob would place the branches in the troughs in front of the animals so they would mate near the branches, 42 but if the animals were weak, he would not place them there. So the weak animals went to Laban and the strong ones to Jacob. 43 In this way the man grew exceedingly prosperous and came to own large flocks, and female and male servants, and camels and donkeys. While Laban free to take all the white flocks. His experience as a shepherd had been taught about the legal descendants of Jacob (who became known as Mendel's laws). Thus, Jacob's cattle get nice things, Uta Myencephalon while Laban get a less good.

Reconciled with Esau

Returned to his hometown gave birth to a sense of dismay in Jacob because he believed that Esau still wanted to kill him. In anxiety, one night Jacob met and wrestled with the stranger until dawn (Genesis 32:22-33)  22 That night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two female servants and his eleven sons and crossed the ford of the Jabbok. 23 After he had sent them across the stream, he sent over all his possessions. 24 So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. 25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. 26 Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.”
   
But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.” 27 The man asked him, “What is your name?”
“Jacob,” he answered. 28 Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”

29 Jacob said, “Please tell me your name.” But he replied, “Why do you ask my name?” Then he blessed him there. 30 So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”

31 The sun rose above him as he passed Peniel, and he was limping because of his hip. 32 Therefore to this day the Israelites do not eat the tendon attached to the socket of the hip, because the socket of Jacob’s hip was touched near the tendon. Jacob did not release the person before he blessed him. Apparently people who wrestled with Jacob was God himself. God later renamed Jacob to Israel which means "a struggle against God and man", and blessed him.

When meeting with Esau, Jacob humbled himself and show remorse to Esau, and gave him many offerings. Esau's heart softened, and he reconciled with her ​​twin sister (Genesis 33:1-201 And Jacob lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, Esau was coming, and four hundred men with him. So he divided the children among Leah and Rachel and the two female servants. 2 And he put the servants with their children in front, then Leah with her children, and Rachel and Joseph last of all. 3 He himself went on before them, bowing himself to the ground seven times, until he came near to his brother.
4 But Esau ran to meet him and embraced him and fell on his neck and kissed him, and they wept. 5 And when Esau lifted up his eyes and saw the women and children, he said, "Who are these with you?" Jacob said, "The children whom God has graciously given your servant." 6 Then the servants drew near, they and their children, and bowed down. 7 Leah likewise and her children drew near and bowed down. And last Joseph and Rachel drew near, and they bowed down. 8 Esau said, "What do you mean by all this company that I met?" Jacob answered, "To find favor in the sight of my lord." 9 But Esau said, "I have enough, my brother; keep what you have for yourself." 10 Jacob said, "No, please, if I have found favor in your sight, then accept my present from my hand. For I have seen your face, which is like seeing the face of God, and you have accepted me. 11 Please accept my blessing that is brought to you, because God has dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough." Thus he urged him, and he took it.

12 Then Esau said, "Let us journey on our way, and I will go ahead of you." 13 But Jacob said to him, "My lord knows that the children are frail, and that the nursing flocks and herds are a care to me. If they are driven hard for one day, all the flocks will die. 14 Let my lord pass on ahead of his servant, and I will lead on slowly, at the pace of the livestock that are ahead of me and at the pace of the children, until I come to my lord in Seir."

15 So Esau said, "Let me leave with you some of the people who are with me." But he said, "What need is there? Let me find favor in the sight of my lord." 16 So Esau returned that day on his way to Seir. 17 But Jacob journeyed to Succoth, and built himself a house and made booths for his livestock. Therefore the name of the place is called Succoth.

18 And Jacob came safely to the city of Shechem, which is in the land of Canaan, on his way from Paddan-aram, and he camped before the city. 19 And from the sons of Hamor, Shechem’s father, he bought for a hundred pieces of money the piece of land on which he had pitched his tent. 20 There he erected an altar and called it El-Elohe-Israel.

The children of Jacob

Of the six sons of Leah Jacob get: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, and at least one daughter: Dina. From Rachel he got two sons : Joseph and Benjamin. Of Bilhah, Rachel's slave girl, he got two sons: Dan and Naphtali, and of Zilpah, Leah's slave girl, he gets Gad and Asher.

Jacob died in Egypt because she and her children moved there to join with Joseph who became viceroy of the country, when the Canaanites suffered famine. But he was buried with his fathers in the cave, in the fields Machpelah, in the land of Canaan (Genesis 49:29-32) 29 Then he gave them these instructions: “I am about to be gathered to my people. Bury me with my fathers in the cave in the field of Ephron the Hittite, 30 the cave in the field of Machpelah, near Mamre in Canaan, which Abraham bought along with the field as a burial place from Ephron the Hittite. 31 There Abraham and his wife Sarah were buried, there Isaac and his wife Rebekah were buried, and there I buried Leah. 32 The field and the cave in it were bought from the Hittites.


Yaqub according to Islam

Ya'qub (about 1837-1690 BC) is assigned one of his Apostles preach to the Children of Israel in the Sham. He was appointed to be a prophet in 1750 BC and the name was mentioned as much as is mentioned 16 times and had 12 children. He died in Hebron Alkhalil Palestine.

And We bestowed Isaac and Jacob to him. To both of them have guided us, and to Noah before that (also) have guided us, and to the party of the offspring (Noah), namely David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward those who do good.

6. Al An'aam 84


And We gave him (Abraham) Isaac and Jacob, as a gift (than us). And each of them We made righteous men


21. Al Anbiyaa' 72



And We bestowed to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and We made prophethood and the Book in the offspring, and We gave him the reward in the world, and indeed her in the afterlife, actually includes people who are pious.


29. Al 'Ankabuut 27


So when Abraham had distanced himself from them and from what they call upon besides Allah, We gave him Isaac and Jacob. And each of them We made a prophet.

19. Maryam 49



And saying that Ibrahim had bequeath to their children, so did Jacob. (He said): "O my sons! Verily, Allah has chosen this religion for you, then do not die except in the embrace Islam".

2. Al Baqarah 132


And his wife was standing (behind curtain) and then he smiled, then told him the news We are excited about (birth) of Isaac, and Isaac (to be born son) Jacob.

11. Huud 71


Yaakub bin Ishak bin Ibrahim bin in Azara Nahur Suruj bin bin bin Ra'u Falij bin 'bin Abir bin Syalih Arfahsad bin Sham son of Noah. From some of his wives Jacob had twelve sons and two daughters. The twelve sons namely Rubin, Simeon, Lawway, Judah, Zebulaon, Issachar, Dann, Gad, Asher, Naphtali, Joseph, and Benjamin. While his daughters were Dinah and Benjamin Yathirah twinning. Yaqub-law of Laban had two daughters, who first named Leah, and the second named Rachel.

Jacob actually wanted to marry Rachel, because she is more beautiful. However, Laban said that was not their habit of marrying a younger child (younger) before the big kids. If Jacob wanted to marry her so she had to marry Leah first, then worked for 7 years for Laban in order to woo Rachel. At that time the law allowed married two girls by one venter.

To each daughter, Laban gives a slave girl. To Leah he gave a slave woman named Zulfa, and told Rachel he gave a slave woman named Balhah. Leah and Rachel then gave them to slave diperistri also by Jacob, so Jacob's wife to 4 people.


The story of Prophet Ya'qub

Prophet Ya'qub / jacob was the son of Prophet Ishaq ibn Ibrahim was his mother was the son of Prophet Ibrahim's brother, named Rifqah bint A'zar. Isaac had twins, one Ya'akub and one named Ishu. Between these two twin brothers are not there in harmony and peaceful atmosphere and no put compassion towards one another even Ishu vengeful malice and envy against his twin brother Jacob who was more loved and pampered and loved by his mother. Their relationship is tenuous and not familiar it's getting worse and tense after known by Ishu that Jacob was raised by his mother when his father asked for the arrival of her children to be blessed and prayed, while he was not notified and therefore do not get a chance like Ya'qub obtain blessings and prayers of his father, Prophet Ishaq.

Seeing the attitude of his brother being stiff and cold, and hear the words of sarcasm that arise from a sense of jealousy and envy, even he has always been threatened. So, come to his father Ya'qub complain that hostility. Jacob said, complained: "O my father! Please give me your mind, how should I confront my brother Ishu who hates me and always vengeful spiteful sarcasm with words that hurt my heart, so it will be a brotherly relationship we both loose and tight, no love each other love and mutual affection. He was upset because my father bless and pray for me to acquire offspring pious, an easy fortune and a prosperous life and luxury. He boasted the second person of the tribe Kan'aan wife and threatened that her children from the second wife would be rivals for my children later on in the search and livelihood and a variety of other threats that worry and suffocating me. Please help my father gave me the mind how I can solve this problem and deal with it amicably.

Prophet Ishaq said that was already annoyed me to see relations between the two sons are becoming more and more pointed: "O my son, because of my age who have advanced I can not ye both mediate.'s Covering of white hair all over my head, my body was bent, my face was wrinkled and I was on the verge of separation from your door and leave this mortal world. I'm afraid if I've closed the age, impaired Ishu unto thy brother will increase and he will openly hostile, trying to find your accident and your destruction. he was in his efforts against you will get support and help and brothers-in-law are influential and authoritative in this country.

So the best way for you, I thought, you had to leave the country and emigrated to Fadan A'raam thee in Iraq, where his father is your mother's brother, Laban son of Batu'il. You can expect mated to one of his daughters. By the way, the stronger your social position, so respected and revered man-in-law because the position of prominence in the eyes of the community. Get thee to the accompaniment of prayers there than me. May God bless your journey, giving sustenance cheap and easy and quiet and peaceful life.

Advice and recommended the father have a place in the hearts Ya'qub. Seeing the father's suggestion that the desired solution of the crisis of fraternal relations between it and Ishu, by following this advice, he would be able to meet with the father of his brother and other members of his family from his mother's side. Jacob immediately pack and wrap the items required in the course and with a heart that was touched as well as the stagnant tears in his eyes he asked his father and mother when to leave the house.

Ya'qub arrives in Iraq


By the way sand and vast Sahara with a blazing hot sun and wind samumnya (thermal) that burns the skin, Jacob went on his own, leading to Fadan A'ram where the father of her brother Laban lived. In a long trip, he occasionally stopped to rest when feeling tired and lethargic. And in one of the stops he stopped because it was very tired, and then Jacob suddenly fall asleep, under the shade of a large rock. In a deep sleep , he had a dream that it was given a broad provision, a safe peaceful living, family and children and grandchildren are pious and devotion as well as a large and prosperous kingdom.

Jacob was awakened from his sleep, rubbing his eyes turned to the right and left and he realized that what he saw was a dream but he believed that his dream will come true later on in conformity with the prayer of his father who was still buzzing in his ears. Obtained with the dream, he felt all the exhaustion caused by his journey to be lost as if he had obtained the new energy and enthusiasm is growing as quickly as possible to arrive at the destination and meet relatives of his mother's side.

Arrive in the end, Jacob at the gate of the city Fadan A'ram. After days and nights traveling the tedious nothing is seen except from the sky above and the sand below. How relieved his heart when he began to see pets wandering over fields of grass, the birds flying in the air is bright and the city dwellers back and forth for a living and living purposes respectively. Arriving at one crossing the road, he stopped briefly asked one resident's house where it was his mother's brother Laban gentleness. Laban, a famous wealthy owner of a company of the largest farms in the city was not difficult for someone to find her address. Resident who asked that her soon pointing towards a beautiful girl who was herding goats and said to Jacob: "Incidentally, that's her daughter of Laban, Rahil, who will be able to bring you into her father's house".

With a pounding heart, then go Ya'qub, approached a beautiful girl and beautiful, and with an intermittent sound as if there is something that binds his tongue, Jacob introduced himself, that he was his own cousin. Rifqah his mother, siblings of the girl's father, Laban. Explained again to Rahil, the goal coming into Fadam A'raam of Kan'aan. Hearing the words that aim Ya'akub going to see her father, Laban, and to convey orders (Ishaq). So, be happy, friendly attitude, a sweet face, Rahil (daughter of Laban) invited Jacob followed him back home to meet her father, Laban, the father of brother Jacob.

After the encounter, then spoon it with a lovingly Laban with Jacob, each sign of rejoicing. The meeting was unexpected and sparked tears for them both, tears flowed and moved by a sense of joy. Laban son of Batu'il, providing a place and a typical cubicle for his brother's son, Jacob, is no different from the places of his own child, is happy to stay home care Ya'qub Laban like home.

After some time living in the house of Laban, Jacob convey the orders of his father (Isaac), to Isaac and Laban into-laws, to marry it to one of the daughters of his daughter. The orders were received by Laban, Jacob wed he would agree with one daughter. As a dowry, Jacob must provide its workforce in the company will farm-in-law for seven years.

Jacob agrees to the terms proposed by Laban. Work Ya'qub, as a steward of the largest corporate farms in the city Fadan A'raam. Seven years have passed by Jacob as Laban farm workers in the company. Ya'qub bill father promises his brother, to serve as the child law. Laban offers Jacob, to edit his daughter as a wife named Laiya. Jacob would like to select Rahil sister Laiya, because Rahil more beautiful and voluptuous of Laiya. Jacob expressed a desire to mate with Rahil, instead of Laiya. Laban Jacob understands the desire, but desire was rejected out of following their custom, brother of her sister to be married first. Laban that Jacob did not want to disappoint the heart, and voice their opinions, in order to receive Laiya as the first wife. To marry Rahil, the same requirement is also given to Jacob, before Jacob could have Rahil.

Ya'qub a lot of respect for the father of his brother and felt indebted to him who has received it at home as a family. In fact, Laban served him well and considered him as his own child. Then, Jacob can not do nothing but accept the father of his brother's backup. Marriage with Laiya implemented, and Rahil signed an agreement to marry.

Once the second seven-year period ending with Rahil dikawinkanlah Ya'qub girl whom she loved and always remembered since his first meeting, when he entered the city Fadan A'raam. Thus the Prophet Ya'qub beristerikan two sisters, brother and sister, for which according to the Shari'a and regulations in effect at the time was not forbidden. But now it is forbidden by the Shari'a of Muhammad PBUH

Laban gave a gift of a slave to become domestic servants to each of her daughters, Laiya and Rahil. And from both his wife and two gave him permission was blessed with twelve sons Jacob, Joseph and Binyamin them from the mother Rahil.


Lea (Li'ah/ Lay'ah/Elia) :
Rubin
Syam'un
Lawway
Yahuda
Yasakir
Zebulaon
Dina

Rahel (Rachel) :
joseph
Bunyamin
Yathirah

Bilha (Balhah, Bilahah) :

Dann
Naftali
Zilpa (Zulfa, Zilfah) :

Jaad (Gad)
Asyir (Asyer, Asher)

From his wife who named Li'ah or have a child named Elijah Lawway, Lawway have children 3 people namely Jarsun, Quhas, and Maroon. Quhas had a son Imran and Yashar. Imran had children Mary, Aaron, and Moses, while Yashar has Qarun, Nafiq and Dzihun.

(Remember) when joseph said to his father: "O my father, verily I dreamed I saw eleven stars, the sun and moon; I saw it all bow down to me."


12. Yusuf 4


And so the Lord, choose you (to the Prophet) and his teaching unto party of the veil of dreams and his perfected His blessings to you and to the family of Jacob, as He perfected His blessings to the two men your father before that, (ie) Abraham and Isaac. Verily thy Lord is Knower, Wise.

12. Yusuf 6


jacob said: "Truly Joseph leaving you with my very sad and I worry that he was eaten by the wolf, are you unaware of him."

12. Yusuf  13


And when they have returned to their father (Jacob) they say: "O our father, we will not get sukatan (wheat) again, (if not bring our brother), so let our brother go with us so we got sukatan, and it is we really going to keep it. "

12. Yusuf 63


Said Jacob: "How am I going to entrust (Bunyamin) unto you, except as I have entrusted his brother (Joseph) to you before?". So God is the best guard and He is Merciful, among the merciful.

12. Yusuf 64



Jacob said: "I would not be releasing him (go) with you, before you give me an undertaking in the name of God, that ye will bring him back, unless ye are surrounded." When they give their word, then Jacob said: "God is a witness to what we say (this)."

12. Yusuf 66



They arrived with his shirt (stained) with fake blood. Jacob said: "Actually you are the one who looked good deeds (the bad) that; then that's good patience (patience). And God alone who sought his help against what you're describing."

12. Yusuf 67


And Jacob said: "O ye my children (together) enter from one gate, and enter the gates of differing another and yet I can not deliver you the goods at all of the (fate) God. the decision set (something) belong to Him; to Him, and let me sole trust in Him alone sole trust those who surrender. "

12. Yusuf  68


Jacob said: "Just look at yourselves alone (good enough). So that's good patience (patience). Hopefully God bring them all to me: behold, He is the Knower, Wise."

12. Yusuf  83


And Jacob turned away from them (his children) and said: "Ah grief to Joseph," and his eyes became white with sorrow, and he was a man keep his temper (their children).

12. Yusuf 84


Jacob answered: "Verily, Allah is just me complaining of trouble and sadness, and I know from Allah what ye know not."

12. Yusuf 86


When the bearer of glad tidings arrived, then laid his shirt to his face Ya'qub, and then come back he can see. Jacob said: "Did I not tell you that I know from Allah what you do not know."

12. Yusuf  96


Jacob said: "I will ask forgiveness for thee to the Lord. He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

12. Yusuf 98


Are you present at the coming of Jacob (the signs) death, when he said to his sons: "What will you worship after me?" They said: "We will worship thy God of your fathers, Abraham, Ishmael and Isaac, (that) God is One God and we are submissive to Him".

2. Al Baqarah 133


Say: "We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and their children, and that given to Moses, Jesus and the prophets from their Lord. We do not one distinction between them and unto Him we surrender ourselves. "

3. Ali 'Imran 84


All food is lawful for the Children of Israel but the food is forbidden by Israel (Jacob) for himself before the Torah was revealed. Say: "(If you say there are foods that are forbidden before the Torah), then bring the Torah and read him if ye are truthful."

3. Ali 'Imran 93


And remember Our servants Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, possessors of great deeds and high knowledge.

38. Shaad 45


Say (O believers): "We believe in Allah and what was revealed to us, and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il, Ishaq, jacob and the tribes, and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. we make no distinction between them and the one we have surrendered to Him ".

2. Al Baqarah 136


or did you (O Jews and Christians) say that Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob and their descendants, are adherents of Judaism or Christianity? "Say:" Are you better knowing or Allah, and who is more unjust than the one that hides the Shahadah of God in him? "And Allah is not unmindful of what ye do.

2. Al Baqarah 140





Real Time Web Analytics Real Time Web Analytics